"VCSS1" progressive survey
This Web resource contains HiPS(*) components for VCSS1 progressive survey.
This survey can be displayed by Aladin Lite (see above),
by Aladin Desktop client
(just open the base URL)
- Label: VCSS1
- Type: HiPS image
- Best pixel angular resolution: 1.61"
- Max tile order: 8 (NSIDE=256)
- Available encoding tiles: png
- Tile size: 512x512
- FITS tile BITPIX: -32
- Processing date: 2022-09-29T02:38Z
- HiPS builder: Aladin/HipsGen v12.001
- Coordinate frame: equatorial
- Area: 82.715% of sky => 34122 deg^2
- Associated coverage map: MOC
- Original data access template: metadata.xml
- Property file: properties
- Base URL:
or any other HiPS aware clients.
for more information on the VCSS.
(*) HiPS is a recommended International Virtual Observatory Alliance standard:HiPS REC.
The HiPS technology allows a dedicated client to access an astronomical survey at any location and at any scale.
HiPS has been invented by CDS-Université de Strasbourg/CNRS (2015A&A...578A.114F). It is based on HEALPix sky tessellation and it is designed for astronomical scientifical usages (low distorsion, true pixel values...).